This form of report is intended as an overview of the condition of the Building and includes:
- A description of the construction and condition of the property on the date of inspection
- A traffic light system to highlight issues that need urgent attention.
- The surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘Market Value’ of the property
- An insurance reinstatement figure for the property
- A list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property
- Advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance
- Issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions
- Legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your conveyancing
- Information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available).
The Homebuyers Report is useful if you are buying a property which is a flat, bungalow or small house, built from traditional building materials and has not been significantly extended and is less than 50 years old.
http://www.ricsfirms.com/articles/why-should-i-get-a-home-survey/ – useful link to RICS website detailing the different surveys.